Wednesday, May 30, 2012

OPI Kennebunk-Port

Before I swatch the latest collection I have purchased, I was really intrigued with one of the OPI's I purchased on catchoftheday.com.au and HAD to try it on.

Kennebunk-Port is not just your average red. I thought it was when I ordered it, thinking to myself "hmm I could do with another plain red!" Well it's not plain at all! It is insanely glossy, very deep red that transforms in different lighting:
 
Kennebunk Port OPI

The image above was taken under halogen lighting, but this is also what it looks like in direct sunlight as well. It's hard to believe that these photos are all of the same colour!!

Kennebunk Port OPI

Kennebunk Port OPI

These images were taken under fluorescent lighting. Looks so much darker doesn't it! But I thought it was important to capture the different pigments it throws under various lighting, otherwise showing you photos would be pointless if it's not how it really looks, right? Although we all know that fluorescent lighting is the most unflattering type of lighting, I couldn't believe how much different it looks.

I wore this mani plan throughout the day, but it wasn't until this evening when I added the konad. It's from plate 63, the very popular mod swirl pattern which I think is just really beautiful. The stamping colour is China Glaze SCI-FI with a little blue nail-art rhinestone which I thought would make a cute touch. I'm not sure why the stones do not look sparkly in photos! Because they are in real life, oh well :) Overall I love this red, it was an impulse buy at the time - along with a few others. But I think it makes a really lovely winter red <3

4 comments:

  1. Love this one!!! It's such a deep red, very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah I really love it too, I forgot to mention how lovely it is to apply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a gorgeous red! especially for winter, cannot wait to buy it and try :) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eden! Isn't it great? A PERFECT winter colour!

    ReplyDelete